The second book in this series features Chloe, Quintus, and a dragon that has a mind of its own.
Magical meets deadly in this YA fae fantasy where mortals and fae battle viciously for the same land. Shadow & Crystal Thorns is the 2nd book in the Fae and Crystal Thorns series by Kay L. Moody. Be sure to start with book 1, Flame & Crystal Thorns.
War would be easier if she could tell who was right and who was wrong.
Chloe remains in Faerie, but she’s only supposed to stay long enough to defeat the bloodthirsty mortals who are trying to claim the land for themselves. But now she’s not so sure she wants to return to the mortal realm, especially when the devastatingly handsome fae, Quintus, keeps asking her to stay.
Even worse, defeating the mortals becomes more difficult by the day while their numbers continuously grow. She also learns exactly why they want the land. As a mortal herself, it’s hard to disagree with them. But they can’t take Faerie unless they steal it from the fae.
Alliances blur when Chloe realizes both sides deserve what they seek. But only one of them can win.
Get Your Copy Today!
SIGNED COPIES PLUS ART/BOOKMARKS
**The hardcover exclusive edition includes a special under-the-dust-jacket design featuring an illustration of Chloe and Quintus. It also includes a bonus chapter from Quintus’s perspective!**
Shadow & Crystal Thorns is Book 2 in the Fae and Crystal Thorns series. Don’t miss the other books in this stunning fantasy series!
Standalone: Nutcracker of Crystalfall
Character Portraits of Chloe and Quintus
Strong-willed, bold, and beautiful female characters are scattered through the pages of this wonderfully epic fantasy. Returning to Faerie was every thing I had hoped for and more. Kay L. Moody’s world building and character development will captivate you and keep you longing for the next book.K. R., @cou.rtofbooks
Who else swoons over a little overprotective love mixed in with a fae fantasy world?! Kay’s world building of Bitter Thorn just keeps getting better and better. This action-packed sequel will have you on your toes throughout the whole book.Cheyenne Mcdonald, @chey.enne_books
Kay L. Moody delivers again with an epic adventure filled with slow burn enemies to lovers romance, friendship, Fae, and so much more. Shadow and Crystal Thorns leaves you desperate for the next book in the series and crossing your fingers that Kay never stops writing books set in this world.Monica, @books_over_everything
Romantasy fans need to pick up this series immediately! Kay L. Moody delivers yet another spellbinding book and delves further into our favourite faerie lands in Shadow & Crystal Thorns. If you thought you loved book one, you’ll be blown away by this spectacular sequel!Colby Bettley, @colby_bettley
A wonderfully magical fae adventure, full of finding courage & love. This epic YA fantasy is full of battles for Fae courts, dragons, and hope.Erin, @pagesinkedinshadows
Returning to Faerie has never been more full of adventure and magic as it is here with Chloe’s continued journey to save it. The sacrifices she makes, the friendships she develops and finally taking a chance with Quintus had me enthralled. There is not a moment to catch your breath with this high stakes fantasy, yet you will thoroughly enjoy being thrilled with each page!Keshia, @808bookdr
Kay L Moody doesn’t know the meaning of the word disappointed, because she certainly didn’t with Shadow and Crystal Thorns! Fabulously written follow up, with tantalizing character and epic plot twists. This book was off the charts mesmerizing!! Loved it!Gladys, Nerd Girl Official
Book Quotes from Shadow and Crystal Thorns
- “If you harm a single hair on her head, I will tear you limb from limb and then I will dig out your heart and throw it into the depths of this cave.”
- “Some things are not easy to say, which usually means they are the things that most need to be said.”
- “To be fair, I did attempt to murder your sister in a dark cave late at night. I’m not sure if you find that better or worse than kissing her.”
- “She should have known he had more weapons at his disposal than just his magnificent eyes.”
- “Not every adventure is meant for the heroic and powerful. Some adventures are meant for the ordinary, to turn them into something greater than they were when they began.”
- “Everyone has a story. Maybe this one is yours, not theirs.”
- “He didn’t just say her name. He breathed it. He lived it. It left his lips like a praise reserved for the highest ruler. For the most precious jewel.”
- “She wasn’t some brave adventurer. She was Chloe. Just regular Chloe.”
- “A person’s worth isn’t measured by what she can do for other people.”
- “Your accomplishments are not less significant just because you did things differently or needed help along the way.”
Follow Kay L Moody on social media!
Check out Kay’s other books.
Want more from Kay L Moody?
Join her email list for special offers, bonus content, and info on new releases. You’ll also get the prequel novella Heir of Bitter Thorn for FREE. 🙂
Never bargain with a fae...